I wanted to create a really simple but sweet cake smash set for my little Noor who recently turned one. We didn't have the option to use a professional photographer because she is really shy as well as the huge price tag that comes with it. Here is what you will need to recreate this for yourself:
- Cake - I baked my own so I knew exactly what was in it. I used organic flour, eggs and grass fed butter.
- Cake Topper - I used a wooden N that is usually part of the 'NOOR' wooden set from her bedroom. I bought it from ACE Hardware originally.
- A camera - For blogging I have a Nikon D3100 which was really useful with this project. I used it in 'no flash' mode but left all the other options as normal. I'm really hopeless with RAW mode etc.
- Light Room - I can't stress enough how much this made a difference in my photos. Life changing!
- A backdrop - We used a big sheet of white fabric. A white tablecloth or bed sheet would also work.
- Decoration - I made my own bunting (if you would like to use a printable version, please visit my Instagram page @qissadubai) as well as a large helium confetti balloon.
- Natural Light - choose a place in you home that has plenty of natural light. You really don't want to be using the flash on your camera.
- Pick a time of day that your little one is most happy. We did Noor's just after her morning nap and she was in a great mood! We also made sure it was just her Papa and I so she wouldn't be distracted by too many people.
- A look at this post by https://thephotographymommy.wordpress.com/2013/08/04/diy-cake-smash/